AUGMENTED REALITY BASED MOBILE APPLICATIONS FOR THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
THE CLIENT AND THEIR BUSINESS REQUIREMENT
Our client is a multinational organization with $10+ billion revenue that’s involved in the travel and hospitality business. Our client was looking for iOS and Android apps that comprise AR-based features with extensive use of animations and ticket booking functionality. Among other features, it allows users to get information on places of interest by simply pointing the camera.
- The most challenging task for the team was to assure that the customer would be able to view/listen to the information about the famous places/hotels by just pointing the camera. The app needed to be able to cover both static and moving scenes, including hotels, bars, cars, trains, aeroplanes etc.
- We combined several technical solutions and built a custom component in parallel with the AR Kit. The application is working flawlessly.
– We created a storyboard for the game which went through several iterations of changes to incorporate all the requirements of the client.
– Once the storyboard was ready, we created a Prototype of the business flow to ensure that we were on the right track to achieve what the client has envisioned.
– We worked with the client to create some of the 2D & 3D animation content, which will be shown when a customer will scan an interactive image.
– Our team of highly experienced mobile app developers used the Unity 3D platform to develop the application within a quick turnaround time and performed crowd beta testing before officially launching the app.
THE PROJECT OUTCOME
The client was extremely pleased with the project outcome. Not only were they satisfied with the quality of the project we delivered but were also impressed with the costs associated. Our team developed the mobile application for Android and iOS within the stipulated timeline.
TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM –
- DOT NET(MVC)
- Agile management framework, UI/UX design, AR testing